Working together to make the difference in the lives of children and families in Africa whose lives are affected by extreme poverty.
Recognizing that even the smallest efforts can make a difference in lives of those living in extreme poverty, The Africa Project has established the following guiding principles:
- The Africa Project seeks to establish partnerships with African leaders who are already serving their communities.
- The Africa Project is committed to supporting strategies that, over the long term, empower individuals and help build thriving families and communities.
- The Africa Project’s priority is to support programs and services that address the basic needs (health, education, nutrition and safety) of those in need.
- When there is a need for goods or services, The Africa Project relies on existing resources within the African communities we serve.
- The Africa Project purchases supplies and goods in the African communities we serve in order to strengthen the local economy.
- The Africa Project does not send/transport donated material items to Africa, as this has proven to be detrimental to local economies.
- The Africa Project is an all-volunteer organization, and the donations we receive are used to support children and families in Africa.
Support The Africa Project
As an all-volunteer nonprofit, we direct 100% of the funds we receive from our donors to support programs and services in South Africa. We also work directly with those we fund to ensure that the resources meet the needs of the community they serve. Finally, members of The Africa Project travel to South Africa frequently, so we see first hand how our resources are used.
Your Monthly Donation of Just $25.00 will make a tremendous impact in the lives of the children and families we serve. You may even elect to support Safety, Health Care, Education or Nutrition projects specifically!